Mar 14, 2014

Newborn Essentials

Newborn Essentials


1. Baby Trend Stroller and Carseat: We have been using this system for six months now and mostly love it. We have had a few issues with the infant car seat getting stuck but nothing major. The triangle handle is perfect for carrying with your forearm. We have just started using the stroller by its self and it is great.

2. Munchkin Foam Bath: This was perfect for when he was itty bitty and was only $6!

3. Boba Wrap: I found this to be much easier and snugglier than the Moby, we are still using it at 6 months. It is the only way I got anything done on maternity leave while he was awake.

4. Baby Hats: When Hudson was a newborn I ALWAYS had a hat on him, they kept his head warm and were adorable. At the local baby consignmnent store they sell them for twenty cents so I had to resist the urge to buy in bulk. Once he started rolling over they were impossible to keep on so I am glad we have lots of pictures of him wearing hats in his newborn days

5. Baby Gowns: I remember being scrared a gown would be too girly for boys...that lasted until his first night in the hospital when we changed him around ten times. The time will soon come when nighttime diaper changes are less frequent but until then Target makes some adorable Circo ones.

6. Carseat Mirror: Trust me when I say you will want this the first time you drive with your baby alone. I only checked it a thousand times.

7. Aden and Anais Blankets: I really thought that these HAD to be over hyped but I absolutely love them.  They get softer with each wash and they are so breathable I never worried about it being too close to his face. They work as blankets, burp cloth, and car seat cover. I got the "boutique version and the Target version. The boutique version was larger and softer but I was very happy with the Target ones as well.

8. Snugamonkey Rock and Play: This was my FAVORITE baby item. Our first night home I hated the idea of my tiny baby sleeping in a large bassinet and he apparently hated it as well.  The snugamonkey safely snuggled him close. When he would wake in the middle of the night a few rocks with my hand would normally get him right to sleep. I would drag it into the bathroom while I took my shower and then into the living room for him to nap in throughout the day. It is wonderful!

9. Halo Sleepsack: I highly recommend swaddling for the first three months. We used this and the Swaddleme and I preferred this as you could easily unzip it for diaper changes.

10. Burt's Bee's Gift Set: We have used the lotion, body wash, and diaper ointment from this giftset from birth and it is wonderful and smells like fruit loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment