Jan 8, 2014

Living a life of INTENTION

(New Year's Eve 2012...aka the last New Year's Eve not spent in my pajamas)

Happy belated 2014! I have been following along with Lara Casey's 2014 Goal Setting Series and I have simplified my New Year's resolution into one word...intention.  In particular, I want to be more intentional with my time and my attitude.

Time management has always been a challenge for me but having a baby has made it that much harder. It is so difficult to find the balance between chores (babies produce a LOT of dirty laundry) and making sure I am soaking up as much quality time as possible with my little mister. 

I want to make sure that I am using my time in a way that makes the most sense for our family.  For instance, instead of washing bottles the second we get home (when Hudson is normally awake) I could spend that time playing with him and wash bottles during nap time.  It is so easy to get into a routine that doesn't necessarily make sense and I want to really review how I am spending my time and make some changes.

I also want to be more intentional with my attitude.  I want more JOY in my everyday life...I want to dance while washing dishes and sing while folding laundry. 

I highly recommend participating in the goal setting series! There are several steps that help you to evaluate the previous year and envision the future.  I have around 20 smaller goals that I hope to implement but I felt like living a life of intention kind of encompasses them all.  

I want to soak up every moment of life right now and sometimes that is sweeping the kitchen floor and changing 7 diapers a day...being intentional with my time and attitude ensures that I get the "must do's" done so I can fully enjoy the fun stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment